Did you know? R9 is still on hold, so we’re stanning the Fenty Skin launch like it’s a brand new studio album campaign. This is also providing the perfect excuse to finally launch my long-awaited MUA/skincare YouTube career anyway, so…hi, sisters!
Following the announcement of the launch of Fenty Skin earlier in July, our Navy admiral, unapologetically unphuckwitable entrepreneur and now primary dermatologist sat down for an introduction to her newest brand on Monday (July 27), including what to expect inside Fenty Skin.
First of all: how calming is it to hear her voice again? Merely just hearing Rihanna talk that talk (REFERENCE) is a treat – we might as well get the Brazilian remixers on this one for a summer skincare-related club banger.
Because I actually do genuinely care about trying Fenty Skin, and Rihanna clearly does care about having her name attached to an effective skincare line, here are some of the main talking points boiled down…
– She didn’t want it to cost a lot, and focused on the very few products that she felt you need for a product that actually works (REFERENCE).
– She wanted a create a daily moisturizer that would moisturize and protect in every climate.
– The SPF featured in her product is for use for everyone and every skin tone – and hers is coral reef friendly.
– The company is using less packaging, eliminating boxes wherever they can, using recyclable materials whenever they can, and creating refillable systems, allowing you to buy the outside packaging once and then order refills.
– Some of the ingredients are personal to Rihanna, including the Barbados cherry, which she calls the Bajan cherry. She says it’s higher in Vitamin C than an orange, and that she drinks a Bajan cherry juice when she gets a cold and comes right back to life.
– She also uses quince – but isn’t totally positive on the pronunciation – for skin conditioning, as well as Kalahari melon for hydration, fig for antioxidants, and skincare snob must-haves like niacinamide for dark spots and hyaluronic acid for locking in hydration.
– The fragrance is described as “warm and clean, never perfume-y, because that’s no bueno when it comes to skincare,” and there will never more than 1% of a synthetic fragrance – but if they do, they’ll be transparent about it.
View this post on Instagram
THE PRODUCT REVEAL Y'ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!! Here are the FENTY SKIN START’RS— the three steps ya can’t skip in your skincare routine: 1️⃣ TOTAL CLEANS’R REMOVE-IT-ALL CLEANSER ($25 USD) 2️⃣ FAT WATER PORE-REFINING TONER SERUM ($28 USD) 3️⃣ HYDRA VIZOR INVISIBLE MOISTURIZER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 SUNSCREEN ($35 USD) We made finding a new skincare routine easy with these 2-in-1 multitasking products in a simple 3 step routine— the FENTY SKIN START’RS will brighten skin, snatch pores, and target dark spots—plus they’re clinically tested, clean, vegan, AND earth-conscious. Dropping July 31st exclusively at fentyskin.com (but you can get early access to shop before the drop if you sign up for email!)
We may not be able to do much this year, but I’ll be damned if we don’t at least lean into the self-care journey and get our skin glowing at home for whenever we do get to go out and party with Rihanna again.
Fenty Skin launches on July 31. I’m on that Early Access list already, and you can be too. (And no, this is #notsponsored, but trust, I would be honored.)